Happy Good Friday! This week flew by and I cant tell you how relieved I am that it’s a long weekend! I had three day-long mediation practicum sessions for grad school this week and one day of work. In spite of really only working one day this week, I have worked piled up the wazooo because I missed three days at the office. Anyway, in spite of all that I have some things I’m loving this week. Before I get into it can I just say that I whipped up this post in record time this morning??? Someone is getting better at blogging! Anyhoo onto my …
1. My new Erin Condren notebook! Yeah I know, I mentioned it before, but the bloody thing makes me smile … I had it customized with months and even ordered extra stickers and …. I love eeet! Will I use it? I’m not sure to be honest, but it’s pretty and was on sale and those are two pretty good excuses to buy anything!
Thanks to the Instagram filter, the colours don’t show as bright as they really are but I assure you its colourful and pretty. Also, I took this picture on the rug of my living room floor. Although I lost a
few lot of cool points when I clicked purchase … I still love it!
2. This book that I am currently reading on my Kindle …
I read a lot! My reading spans all kinds of genres (except horrors). So it’s not far fetched that I’d buy and read a book by a reality star … in this case Brandi Glanville from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I love the real housewives and this book is hilarious. If you are looking for an easy, silly and
very scandalous read, I recommend it. If you want something more serious … yeah … then you should pass.
3. I got a night out! Last afternoon into night I spent with my friend Alicia. I haven’t been very social lately but yesterday, Ali and I hit up a bar near campus for some drinks and it was oh so needed. You know how the song goes…. before I leave home … I have to take a #selfie … excuse the pout please … I was not trying to do a duck face! (PS… I just have to say this since its a pet peeve … I do not wear shades at night, I left the house well before we hung out … aka daylight).
Drinks menu and the bar… prices not in US dollars … or these would be some really expensive drinks!
And one horrible picture of us (or of me … hello crazy eyes where did you come from?) … blame the Iphone’s terrible front facing cam:
4. My parents! Been a stressful couple months folks and the best parents in the world spent the day on Wednesday cleaning and reorganizing my apartment. I lucked out in the parent department. Ask somebody …
Married for 40 years! Do they look it???
5. Listening to these Reggae love songs! The thought occurred to me that most of my readers would not be familiar with Reggae music or any Caribbean music really. From traveling, I realize that those who are familiar with the music, usually associate Reggae solely with Bob Marley. This is cool and all but its not the only Reggae out there … not even close. Not all Reggae is inspired by weed and rasta vybes … shocking I know. Some reggae songs are true love songs. Take a listen to them! You may like it.
This one is a couple years old but it has the sweetest words:
This one is also a couple years old … It’s a tad more raunchy than the first but I just love the groovy vybe!
Grab your other half and take a slow dance. You’re welcome 🙂