**This post contains an affiliate link and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on this link.
First off, Happy Memorial Day to you guys in the U.S. Many of you won’t even see this post because of Memorial Day relaxation and I don’t blame you. I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend. I unfortunately have work today (boo), but I do have a holiday on Friday!
Anyhoosle, Some weeks ago, the lovely Kristen (who btw leaves the most thoughtful comments ever. Seriously the girl rocks) nominated me for another Liebster. So much time has past since then, (sorry Kris) but I loved her questions and so I’m going to answer them anyway. Thanks Kristen again for the nomination!
1. Favourite guilty pleasure TV show?
If you have read this blog long enough then you know the answer to this is anything on Bravo could be my guilty pleasure, particularly those darn houswives. However, Game of Thrones and Scandal both top any Bravo show any day of the week.
2. Biggest pet peeve?
Open mouth chewing. Just don’t. Also slow drivers on the fast lane drive me absolutely crazy. I mean it. My anxiety hits the roof and I get bad bad thoughts.
3. Favourite store – in person or online.
I live in the Caribbean. I have great beaches but you guys in the US have the great shopping. Just a fact. Some days I would trade in a heartbeat. I can’t wait to be in the US later this year just for the shopping. That said, I do A LOT of
credit card damage online shopping and I even have a ‘skybox’ which is a US shipping address that I pay for annually to facilitate this obsession habit. Forever 21, Nordstrom and Target all have good online shopping. Amazon of course does too.
4. Which song do you hear and you can’t help but shake your booty?
It doesn’t take much for me to shake my booty. But since this song came out I can’t help but jig everytime I hear it.
5. Tell me the most random, awesome, strange fact about yourself.
I freaked out numerous people who read this post last week but I’ll say it again hahahaha. I play with my bellybutton. Have since I was a kid. True talk.
6. Favourite book?
I can’t possibly answer this one. I feel like I’ll be cheating on soooo any good books if I do. Yes, cheating. Yes, I’m a closet nerd. Fun fact though, I’m still reading The Fault in Our Stars which I purchased on my Kindle (didn’t get much time this weekend or it’d be done) and its going great!
7. Who’s your celebrity girl crush?
For looks: Zoe Saldana. Sweet baby Jesus this woman is beautiful.
For personality: Chrissy Teigen. I know she’s a hit or miss for most people but I think we are kindred souls. she gives us gems like these:
honest question is it possible to get a late night emergency massage without someone touching my vagina or breasts
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) May 17, 2014
She’s just so random … much like myself.
8. If you could meet anyone dead (not alive, and not a family member!) who would it be? you can answer why if you want.
I‘ve been asked this question before and my answers may disturb you … Hitler. I’d not just like to meet him but I’d like to cross examine him. It fascinates me that a man who did not even possess the physical characteristics which he deemed perfect, could convince an entire bloody nation to do his bidding. I would ask him 10 million questions non stop for hours. I would probably also spit in his face. But after the questions.
A quick second place would be Napoleon Bonaparte for similar reasons …
9. Dream travel destination?
GREECE!!!! Australia is a close second but I should be in Australia in October so Greece wins this one.
10. You have a million dollars. What do you do first?
Ok First I’d buy my parents whatever they want. Why stop there, I can tell you what I’d do with the rest. I’d maybe go to Greece on vacation, or purchase a home. The rest would be promptly put into the bank or invested. If you take a dollar from a million you no longer have a million. So a lot of it would be invested so I can build it back up to a million.
Thanks again Kristen, loved these questions! I actually love answering questions so if any of you have any for me shoot me some in the comments and Ill answer them in a post 🙂
* * * * * * * *
**I started this little series to keep myself accountable. I’m not big on huge resolutions for the year because I don’t succeed at those. Smaller more realistic goals work for me. I may not succeed in all my goals each week but at least I can keep a check and balance on what I need to do.
Last week’s Goals:
1. Gym 4 times – Ugh … it was a busy week and I only made it once. Pretty bummed about this actually.
2. Take mum out to get pampered – Yes Yes Yes. On Friday evening I took mum to a spa where she got a massage and a facial. I actually on a whim booked a facial as well and now both our faces are as soft and smooth as a baby’s bum. I also got my eyebrows done which the public should be grateful for.
3. Write some more – Very little, but every little counts!
This week’s Goals:
1. Gym 2 times – reduced the gym time this week because of number 2.
2. Run outdoors – I want to conquer this one and so I need to pound some pavement and not just the treadmill.
3. Cook – here we go again. This is important this week because I am seriously changing up my diet this week. All the shit is getting cut out and I’m going strict once again.
Before I forget … The Bachelorette is on again tonight!
Another long Monday post. I can’t help myself, I like to babble.
Have a great Memorial Day to those in the US and to everyone else Happy Monday!