Thanks guys for your awesome birthday wishes. I’ll respond to comments soon. I have been swamped this week and if this post wasn’t semi drafted before this week, I’m fairly certain I wouldn’t even have a post up today. Work is cray.
Anyway, the big DIRTY number (that I haven’t really said out loud since I turned it) has finally arrived and I thought I’d share 30 things about me with you to commemorate the occasion (also because there are some new faces around these parts). Eventually I’ll post pics from the actual birthday but today I’d rather bombard you with random facts about me that you probably dont care about.
1. I feel no different today that I did in my 20’s … I have some twerk left in me yet.
2. … In fact I look and feel 26 (Yesterday someone thought I was 24 – SCORE)
3. I can say the Hail Mary in French – I went to catholic school and was taught it by my French teacher in form 3 (google says form 3 = 8th grade). I remember ever word.
4. … That said, French was the freaking hardest foreign language for me to learn. Passé composé anyone? Blech
5. I have a superb memory clearly – see this post for more proof.
6. My favourite body part(s) are my eyes. In school one teacher even called me “bright eyes”.
7. My lips are a close second in the favourite body part category (although I once hated how huge my lips were).
8. I think one of the best modern day inventions is Windows.
9. … that said I own two iPhones (one for work), an Ipad, 2 iPods, a Macbook Pro and exactly ZERO windows products
10. I contradict myself regularly (see all of the above for proof)
11. These days I watch more YouTube than I do TV
12. I’m a tongue roller
13. I can raise each eyebrow independently. When my right eyebrow raises really high … I more than likely think you’re speaking a pile of poop.
14. I’m short with small size 5 feet, which you probably already know if you’ve read this blog for a minute, but you probably didn’t know that I have the tiniest toes ever. My little toe is basically non existent.
15. My nose used to be pierced – and I miss the piercing something fierce. I took it out because – #lifeofalawyer (For the record I hate when lawyers use that hashtag but I did say I contradict myself)
16. My ears were each pierced twice but the second piercing on each ear fell out – one ripped out. Ripped. out.
17. Im obsessed with coffee – almost black coffee – for the day Ive already had 3 cups (as Im writing this its 2 in the afternoon).
18. I haven’t applied nail polish in weeks – fingers nor toes
19. Even though I will readily admit when I am – I hate being wrong … I legit think I’m the shit.
20. I get ragey or sad over news stories e.g. the story about the reporters who were shot live on air made me sick to my stomach – sick.
21. Daydreaming is a solid pastime of mine.
22. I miss my sister every single minute of every day.
23. I see 11:11 every single day – see above and see this post as to why I think that’s significant
24. I’m a side sleeper – I physically cannot sleep on my stomach because:
Sidenote: I actually get really freaked out by people who sleep on their backs or stomachs. Especially backs. It looks too much like – death.
25. … speaking of sleep – watching people sleep freaks me out. I don’t mind them sleeping around or next to me but – I get nervous. I time their breath, check to make sure they are alive all sorts of weird shit. e.g. My dad snores and every time I’m home and I see him asleep and he’s not snoring I stare at him until he takes like five breaths.
26. I have sleep issues … clearly
27. I don’t like scary stuff – commercials for horror movies scare me. Scary movie scared me. Thank the Lord Halloween is not huge here – I could not deal with it.
28. I’m obsessed with cars, racing, speed, wheels and Lewis Hamilton (yum).
29. Scotch is my drink of choice but I probably drink wine more than I do scotch (see point about contradictions way above)
30. After taking days to complete this list, no one can convince me that 30 is not a HUGE number because – this. list. would. not. freaking. end.
Cheers to 30!! I’m loving it so far!
I know none of you read every single one but which (of those you read) is the weirdest one?
**I sucked at answering comments this week – thankfully its a long weekend here so I’ll do my best to catch up over the weekend.
Have a great weekend guys!!