Good gosh golly I’ve been gone for a bit and half. It’s August, my birth month, so I figured blogging had to happen since I’ll be celebrating all month long.
Life’s been full and busy and good. Really good. Quite frankly, while I missed this space, I just couldn’t bring myself to blog. That’s about as blunt as it gets. I have no excuses. Life was happening and I was along for the ride. Blogging wasn’t.
Anyhoo, today I’m here so how about a catch me up aka photo dump. Photos are the best way to describe anything right? So here’s what I’ve been up to…
* * * I had a beach day or two. I live on an island and don’t go to the beach half as much as I should but I got some beach time in recently.
* * * Saw my sister who flew in from Australia!!! I haven’t seen her since I went to Australia in October 2014. Totally the highlight of the last couple months.
* * * Celebrated One year at work – I cannot believe its been a full year at my current job. Time does fly when you’re having fun. It’s been challenging and time consuming and lots of work – and I’ve loved every second of it.
* * * Had lots (and lots) of drinks and time with friends …
* * *Went to the zoo… We have one zoo here and I haven’t been to it in years. Frankly, I’d much rather see animals in the wild… I had fun though.
* * * Went to a wedding or two. Though my makeup was a little to light for my face – not sure what happened with the foundation – the lip colour makes me like this pic.
* * * Cooked new things (and gained weight). My take on penne bolognese – see above fat face photo. Don’t try to convince me otherwise – self-awareness is one of my best qualities.
* * * Stumbled upon some baby and childhood photos at my parents home and realized …. I was a cute kid.
* * *I also read 5 million books – no really, I read a lot. I even drafted a post for show us your books, then realized it was today… It wasn’t ready to post and I couldn’t just jump back in without a catch me up post. So hopefully next month?
If you read to the end kudos…
That’s all from me for today and I actually also have a post drafted for tomorrow – look at me blogging 🙂