Its the Friday before Christmas!!! Yay! If you’re looking for something to bake this weekend maybe check this post out.
Im trying to keep my sugar and flour intake to a low. Well carb intake in general. But… Christmas is throwing a wrench in my plans. So I searched Pinterest for a perfect Almond Flour cookie recipe to bake cookies to have some guilt free Christmas goodness in my home.
I found this recipe and tried it on a random evening and event they turned out amazing. Of course being me I made some changes to the recipe since I could never follow a recipe to the letter. I can’t tell you how yummy these were.
Low Carb (Almond Flour) Chocolate Chip Cookies:
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (the original recipe called for solid coconut oil but I used regular and it was just fine)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (the original recipe called for 3 tablespoons)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence (the original recipe called for vanilla extract)
- 2 cups almond flour (according to the original recipe you can also use Almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup mixed white chocolate and regular chips
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet/pan with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut oil and the pure maple syrup to a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients until the syrup and oil are mixed together.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue to whisk together until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I used both white and normal chocolate chips but that’s a personal preference. If you’re avoiding sugar (like I should be, use semi-sweet chocolate chips).
- Scoop mixture onto the cookie sheet, spacing cookies two inches apart. Press down gently with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from oven and let them cool completely.
I took these for breakfast all week last week. Nice low carb but yummy breakfast. I hope you try it, if you do let me know.